IICP Education and Training Limited
Killinarden Enterprise Park, Killinarden, Dublin 24
Telephone: 086 0499154 / 086 2609989
The aim of this programme is to facilitate counsellors and therapists in furthering their knowledge and experience of counselling children and adolescents. This programme will focus on an integrated model for counselling minors and will include a placement component.
There will be ten full teaching days and 20 hours of peer group discussion. There is also a requirement for 50 hours of supervised clinical work to achieve the award. The programme will run over a series of Saturdays and Sundays throughout the year from November to March and will include workshops and lectures. Candidates have a full calendar year in which to complete the clinical requirements.
- The course is open to counsellors and psychotherapists, counselling psychologists and/or clinical psychologists, or those with a recognised clinical qualification in the helping profession.
- Applicants must have experience of working with clients therapeutically and under supervision.
- Learners will demonstrate an ability to engage in self-directed learning.
- Group Project
- Theory Essay
- Supervision Report & Self-Evaluation of Supervision
The programme will run from 9.00am to 5.00pm on the following dates during
2016 & 2017:
- 20 November 2016
- 27 November 2016
- 04 December 2016
- 11 December 2016
- 15 January 2017
- 22 January 2017
- 05 February 2017
- 19 February 2017
- 05 March 2017
- 26 March 2017
Certificate in Child and Adolescent Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- €950.00 (€600.00 for IICP Diploma/BA Alumni or qualified VCS counsellors)
- An additional €50 application will apply
- *Some partial bursaries are also available to therapists carrying out their placement with VCS, contact Triona for further details.
- Additional costs include clinical supervision, as well as books and play therapy material.
- Payment Plan options are available