IICP Education and Training Limited
Killinarden Enterprise Park, Killinarden, Dublin 24
Telephone: 086 0499154 / 086 2609989
The Professional Certificate in Family Therapy supports participants in gaining knowledge in Family Therapies. Facilitated by Dr. Fergus Heffernan, the training will take place in Dublin, commencing Monday 17 October 2016 and is run over seven Mondays.
Module 1: Understanding Families
- Individual and Family Life Cycles
- Healthy and Dysfunctional Characteristics in Families
Module 2: Therapeutic Approaches to working with Families
- Rational and History of Family Therapy
- The Process of Family Therapy
- Psychoanalytic and Bowen Family Therapies
- Experimental Family Therapy
- Structural Family Therapy
- Strategic and Systemic Family Therapies
- Solution Focused and Narrative Family Therapies
Module 3: Special Populations in Family Therapy
- Working with Single-Parent Families
- Working with Re-Married Families
- Working with Culturally Diverse Families
Module 4: Assessment and Trends in Family Therapy
- Assessment in Family Therapy
- Current Trends in Family Therapy
Dr. Fergus Heffernan PhD Psychology, MSc Counselling Psychology and Family Therapies. Member of Associations of Family Therapists, IOC, IIPT.
Fergus, a world renowned presenter and facilitator, is also a visiting lecturer and Workshop Director in Trinity College Dublin, Columbia University New York, and Boston University USA.
- Monday 17 October 2016
- Monday 24 October 2016
- Monday 07 November 2016
- Monday 14 November 2016
- Monday 21 November 2016
- Monday 28 November 2016
- Monday 05 December 2016
9:00am – 5:00pm
- This course is suitable for counsellors, social workers, psychologists, teachers, community workers and others working within the caring professions.
- Professional Certificate in Family Therapy
(CPD 50 Hours).
- Awarding Body: The Institute of Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Attendance at each training day is necessary to qualify for the award of the Professional Certificate in Family Therapy.