IICP Education and Training Limited
Killinarden Enterprise Park, Killinarden, Dublin 24
Telephone: 086 0499154 / 086 2609989
Supervision in some form is viewed as a key component of many professions in the provision of support to practitioners, enhancement of ongoing learning, and, to a greater or lesser degree, it offers some protection to the public.
This course will be of interest to professionals who work in an integrative manner. It will be of particular interest to counsellors, psychotherapists, guidance counsellors, psychologists, healthcare professionals, probation officers, social services personnel, managers, and all who supervise the work of others in the helping professions.
- Definitions and purpose of supervision.
- Models of the supervisory process will be explored including those of Page and Wosket and Hawkins and Shohet.
- Learning Styles.
- Consideration of the training development and supervisory needs of supervisors.
- Opportunities to role-play in triads as supervisor, supervisee and observer, using participants’ own case work.
- Exploration of transference, counter-transference and the parallel process.
- Reflection on the similarities and differences of supervision in a one-to-one, group or organisational context.
- Consideration of Multicultural, Ethical and Professional issues.
SCHEDULE OF DATES:
Friday 09 June 2017 Friday 13 October 2017
Saturday 10 June 2017 Friday 10 November 2017
Friday 14 July 2017 Friday 08 December 2017
Saturday 15 July 2017 Friday 12 January 2018
Friday 11 August 2017 …read more
Original post: IAHIP Classified Ads related to CPD