Irish Council for Psychotherapy CEO Position
Irish Council for Psychotherapy (ICP)
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Half-time contract for one year
Application deadline: 19th December 2014
The Irish Council for Psychotherapy (ICP) is the umbrella body that represents over 1,300 psychotherapists and the broadest range of psychotherapy modalities in Ireland.
Our primary objective is to contribute to public health by encouraging high standards of training, ethics, practice and ongoing education of psychotherapists.
The Executive of ICP recognises that in order to meet the growing demands and needs of our stakeholders, we require a CEO to fulfil a variety of functions, having particular regard to the challenging period ahead, as a result of the statutory regulation.
The ideal Candidate will have;
- Previous CEO experience or equivalent
- Knowledge of the field of psychotherapy and mental health
- Experience in media, social media and PR
- Competency in strategic planning and implementation
- Leadership and team skills and ability to communicate with stakeholders
- Ability to liaise with Government and other significant agencies
- A knowledge of statutory regulation for psychotherapy would be an advantage
This post is for a sole trader and offers a remuneration package commensurate with its responsibilities.
Please email expression of interest by cover letter and CV to:
or by post to:
13 Upper Leeson St.,
Tel: 01 9023819 Website: www.psychotherapycouncil.ie
Original post: Family Therapy Association of Ireland