Centre for Mindfulness, University of Massachusetts Medical School
5 Day Intensive Programme in MBSR – February 2016
Imagine setting aside five days to discover new tools for living with greater ease, joy, depth, resilience and balance. Living with Mindfulness is one of the greatest gifts you can offer yourself and those you share your life with.
The Center for Mindfulness (CFM), University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMass), is offering this Mindfulness Tools, a 5-Day Intensive Programme, in Ireland in February 2016. The Programme is based on the world renowned 8-week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Programme developed by Dr Jon Kabat-Zinn at the CFM, University of Massachusetts Medical School over 35 years ago.
This Programme is highly participatory, supportive and structured and is open to anyone who would like to invest 5 days (38.5 hours) in learning new ways to enhance wellbeing and live life with awareness and presence.
- Presenting a clear understanding of what Mindfulness is and how it can be integrated into daily life in a variety of different ways.
- Guided instruction in a variety of mindfulness meditation practices both formal and informal, including gentle stretching and simple yoga movement.
- Exploring interpersonal communication with the emphasis on cultivating flexibility in dealing with challenging situations.
- Cultivating a life skill to help reduce stress and deal with anxiety more effectively.
- Intentionally developing the art of living in the present moment.
INSTRUCTORS: Carolyn West & Anne Twohig, The Oasis Institute, CFM UMass
VENUE: Glenview Hotel, Glen O’The Downs, County Wicklow, Ireland
DATES: …read more
Original post: IAHIP Classified Ads related to CPD