The Irish Council For Psychotherapy is Recruiting for a Part-Time Chief Executive Officer
The Irish Council for Psychotherapy (ICP) is the national umbrella body for psychotherapy in Ireland. Currently it represents over 1,500 psychotherapists nationwide. It is also the national awarding body for the European Certificate of Psychotherapy.
The objectives of ICP are :
- To consolidate and promote psychotherapy as a free and independent profession.
- To promote the wider provision of psychotherapy for the public.
- To contribute to public health by encouraging high standards of training, practice and ongoing education of psychotherapists.
- To maintain and monitor a National Register and a European Register of accredited psychotherapists in Ireland.
About the Role
The position of CEO is expected to lead and shape the future of ICP. In conjunction with the Board of Directors, members and staff. The CEO role will drive organisational activities in alignment with core objectives and provide leadership and strategic direction focused on the development and promotion of the profession nationally. The Board of Directors delegates responsibility for management and operational activities of the organisation to the CEO. This role will report directly to the Board of Directors and will be based in Dublin .
- Reporting to: Board of Directors
- Terms: A half-time contract as a sole trader for one year (0.5 WTE)
- Potential candidates must have experience in a senior organisational role, preferably at CEO level, of at least three years, ideally within a similar organisation
- Track record of driving change and transformation within an organisation.
- Successful track record in building relationships with stakeholders and developing partnerships across a broad range of disciplines within the sector.
- Broad experience of good Governance including regulatory compliance, HR policies and procedures, company law and quality and safety requirements.
- Potential candidates will have a minimum of a third-level qualification, with post graduate training / qualification in leadership and/or management.
- Previous CEO experience or equivalent
- A proven track record in the field of psychotherapy and mental health (essential)
- Excellent strategic development , planning and implementation skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication and networking skills; the role requires extensive representation to a diverse range of external stakeholders and statutory bodies .
- Ability to engage with social media platforms and PR formats to promote organisation
- A knowledge of the field of statutory regulation of healthcare professions would be an advantage.
CEO Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- The CEO will be responsible for the overall management and implementation of ICP’s strategic objectives as agreed with the BOD.
- The CEO will report to the Board of Directors and comply with ICP Constitution and Governance requirements.
- To ensure the ICP, the umbrella body for psychotherapy in Ireland, and therefore the profession of psychotherapy is represented to the fullest extent in all processes associated with proposed regulation of the profession with CORU
- To keep up to date and fully informed of ICP governance and company structure, in particular ICP sections and member organisations
Media and PR:
- To raise the profile of psychotherapy in the public domain in liaison with the media sub-committee.
- To keep abreast of media, references/reports that are relevant to psychotherapy and mental health.
- To drive digital strategy for ICP, including social media, website, content strategy and media partnerships
- To manage relationships with PR partners and other ICP suppliers.
- To prepare position papers for Government agencies in conjunction with the media sub-committee and the BOD as the need arises.
- To keep the Minister for Health and other Government offices informed of any relevant ICP activities.
- To ensure inclusion of ICP viewpoints and contact details on relevant news developments etc.
- To promote the high standards of training and expertise of our registrants with all relevant stakeholders in the sector including HSE, Tusla, The Irish College of Psychiatry, and the Irish College of General Practitioners.
- To represent, and increase the profile of ICP at any conference, campaign launch or relevant mental health events particularly those that are open to the general public.
- To monitor relevant developments in psychotherapy in Europe and broader environment
- To convene the ICP subcommittees and oversee their development; ensure the completion of projects and tasks and to encourage registrants to become involved in these subcommittees.
- Oversee all ICP registration processes in collaboration with key personnel and individual Sections
- In order to make public representation on behalf of ICP, the CEO must harness the knowledge base within ICP and the wider community in mental health care
- To liaise with the European Association for Psychotherapy (EAP) on behalf of ICP
- To negotiate with health insurance companies and Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) in relation to insurance cover for ICP accredited psychotherapeutic interventions.
- A cover letter and CV should be sent by email to email@example.com by close of business on Tuesday June 30th