Irish Council for Psychotherapy Now Hiring a CEO!
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) (Remote) (Part-Time)
The Irish Council for Psychotherapy (ICP) is the umbrella body that represents over 1,700 psychotherapists and the broadest range of psychotherapy modalities (approaches) in Ireland. ICP contributes to public health by promoting psychotherapy as an effective intervention for good mental and emotional health by encouraging the highest standards of training, practice and on-going education of psychotherapists.
The Objectives of ICP Include:
- Promoting psychotherapy as an independent profession.
- To contribute to public health by promoting the wider provision of psychotherapy for the public.
- To encourage high standards of training, practice and ongoing education of psychotherapists.
- To establish and monitor a National Register of accredited psychotherapists in Ireland.
The Specifics of the Role:
The Board of The ICP are seeking a part-time CEO for a fixed term of one year. This is a contract role. This role reports directly to the Chairperson and to the Board of Directors. The appointed CEO will be expected to manage sub-committees of the Board, and the operational implementation of ICP strategy including:
- Being the lobbying body for Psychotherapy, particularly with CORU and relevant Government departments.
- Develop communication channels with ICP Registrants, providing timely updates regarding regulation, and other relevant information.
- Maintain the register of Registrants
- Providing services to ICP Registrants
The responsibilities of the CEO are as follows:
- To communicate the vision and purpose of ICP to relevant agencies, in particular, CORU, as they seek to regulate the profession.
- To be the operational lead in implementing ICP strategy.
- To deliver a high-quality service to ICP registrants.
- To work closely with the Board in shaping and advancing ICP strategy and mission.
- To lead and motivate the administrative staff.
- To instruct and monitor the work of external consultants engaged by ICP.
- To be aware of current issues that might affect strategy.
- To foster a positive corporate culture
This role will suit a professional with a proven track record of successfully leading an organisation, preferably in a CEO or equivalent role. Experience or knowledge of the following will be an advantage but not essential:
- Relationship-building with external agencies
- Psychotherapy sector or similar field
- Demonstrable leadership and organisational skills.
- Impartiality, fairness, and the ability to respect confidence.
- Demonstrable communication and interpersonal skills with ability to engage with and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience and capacity for ensuring decisions are taken and followed up, using sound judgement, innovative thinking and a capacity for independent assessment.
- Experience of utilising network contacts to achieve organisational objectives.
- An understanding of the operation of Government departments/Public bodies and structures, preferably in welfare related or health, education, social care sectors.
- Demonstrable interest in psychotherapy. The political and social context, as well as the issues influencing psychotherapy today, are a core component of this executive role.
Key Terms and Conditions of Appointment
- This is a three-day-week role with a possibility for flexibility.
- Salary will be commensurate to experience.
- The role is mainly remote working. In-person attendance at meetings and events outside office hours will be required once per month or as required. The location for meetings will be in Dublin however, there may be occasions where attendance at meetings outside of Dublin is required. Sufficient notice for meetings/events will be supplied.
- ONLY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE APPLICATION FORM WILL BE CONSIDERED BY THE PANEL. A Curriculum Vitae, or any additional pages will not be accepted.
- Further details on application
- The deadline for receipt of applications is 5pm 15/12/2023.
- Tel: 01 905 8698
- Email: email@example.com